Monday 18 April 2016

A postcard from...

The image you see below is going to be my equivalent of a scallop shell for the road. Each lucky incumbent of the parishes I pass through will find a card with this photograph pushed through her/his door. On the reverse it says: 'I stopped at(St. Beefburga's) today and prayed for you and the people of the parish', together with a brief description of what I'm up to.

The ellipses in the picture symbolise the labyrinth of paths to be walked, and the distant multi-cruciform window speaks of The Passion and The Church.

I took the photograph in the foyer of the posh and arty Vienna House Hotel in Lodz's Manufaktura precinct. It was the week during 2010 that the Polish president was killed in an air disaster and the volcano in exploded in Iceland. For want of any other working transport, we had to catch the bus back to London, taking 25 hours into Victoria coach station. That was quite a journey too!

No comments:

Post a Comment